April 6 - April 10, 2020
We've reached the end of our second week of on-line connection and experiences. While it is a far cry from being able to see each other at school, we are continuing to find new ways to be together.
Our hats our off to our families. We are a school that values partnership between parents, children, and teachers. Our web site reads:
" Parents are considered part of the educational process and the connection between home and school is a strong element influencing the development of experiences in the classroom. Families are encouraged to participate in nearly all aspects of classroom life."
No kidding! As we come to terms with this new way of doing school, we rely on families to:
- Connect to classmates and teachers on Zoom,
- Log into Seesaw for provocations and stories,
- Provide materials for the children to use,
- Support children in using the materials
- Document the experience with photos, videos, or other methods,
- Share the work of children on Seesaw and Instagram.....
The list could go on!
We can't thank you enough for taking all this on. As we work together, from a distance, we are noticing the ways in which these experiences resemble the work we do when we are together at St. John's. Here's just a few examples:
Enjoy your weekend and we'll see you next week!
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to the Kids’ Workshop blog homepage!